Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 7 - Foundations III

Well, tonight was a little better than last night - it wasn't so crazy .. We fabricated a duck and a turkey... very interesting and quite fun if I do say so myself.....  better than the fish from last week!!

Tomorrow we make dishes with the duck and turkey.. we have nine recipes to make and I know it's gonna be a tough night...   We made turkey scalloppines (cut into a butterfly shape and pounded out to 1/8 inch).  This is a picture of the duck... very fatty - I've never had duck before so tomorrow's dishes will be interesting...


Then we made salmon canapes from the salmon that we cured last week.  Oh they are SO delicious!  We made several little appetizers, garnished with dill, red pepper, red onion, capers and pickles... I even brought some home for my hubby and he loved them!


No comments:

Post a Comment