Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 6 - Foundations III

OK, well... today was exhausting!  After watching the chef's demo, we prepared Ballotine de Poulet Grandmere (a wonderul chicken dish that I'll be serving at my next dinner party!!)  grilled vegetable medley, potato pancakes, lentils and cream,  fruit salsa (this was SO awesome!!) and airline grilled chicken wth mushroom and onion sauce.

We have an hour and a half to prepare and cook 6 different items.  Keep in mind that the chef is looking at your knife cuts and if the recipe calls for small knife cuts (1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4) then that is what she expects to see....no bigger, no smaller.  Almost every recipe has some knife cuts associated with it and you have to make sure they are perfect to get the maximum number of points.  This is a picture of the plated Ballotine de Poulet, vegetable medley and lentils and cream..


3 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    I am friends with Joyce Lee!
    I also have a site: http://fortheloveofkidsandfood.blogspot.com

    I hope we could share recipes!

    Take Care,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mirand - I would be happy to share my recipes with you!! They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete